Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love, Marriage, and Children...Wow!!!

Ok, so here it is. I have been married for 8 years now and have 3 beautiful children. My question is; are you really ready to get married when you finally say 'I do?' I can honestly say that you should go through some type of counseling before you make that step.

My husband and I didn't go through any counseling and we are Christians. Our church requires you go to pre-marital counseling before you can get married. Back in 2001, this was not the case where we were attending church then. So, we did like most 21 year olds do. Start dating, 'fall in love,' and get married 10 months later because you think that you can't live without the other person.

Now, where am I? One can only guess. I won't disclose that information just yet but during these touch times in our economy, times are hard. WHat I am going to say now is that before you say 'I do,' be sure to go to a counselor first. Get everything out in the air first and then see if this is the kind of committment you want to make with this particular person.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment